Monday, April 12, 2010

Project Clean Stream 2010



The MSU Scuba Club along with the Charm City Scuba Club participated in the clean up of the Herring Run on April 10, 2010. We helped the local community participate in cleaning up the local portion of the river. Trash in the stream makes it way in to the Chesapeake Bay and harms the animals that use the waterway.


We worked for about 3-4 hours picking up everything from old bottles and plastic bags to bicycles and mattresses. You would be appalled by the reckless way people discard unwanted items. Project Clean Stream was introduced and organized by Ashley Traut.
I invited my friend, colleague, sister in engineering Annie (in the grey hoodie) to volunteer with me this day. She’s an awesome person and I wanted to expose her to some of the individuals who not only do great work at Morgan State Univ, but do great work within the surrounding community.

It was a beautiful day to be out in sun and I’m glad I had an opportunity to help the environment by working alongside my friends and mentor, Mr Jon Parker.

Mickel
Don't blow it - good planets are hard to find. ~Quoted in Time

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are an "active community citizen"! Sending love your way- Akidah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting Akidah! I try to do my part and include others along with me...

    ReplyDelete