Saturday, April 3, 2010

Can I get a window seat?

So this morning, I had a little hot topic running through my head.
Erykah Badu's new single "Window Seat". I am a huge Badu fan and I enjoy listening to this song. I've read all of the men commenting on how hot the video is and that E.B is finally back. (Rolling my eyes) Apart from Ms. Badu revealing herself and then being assassinated... The video was alright. But then again I LOVE Erykah and her out of the box way of performing just makes sense to me. So I guess I'm a bit bias. I wonder if those same men paid any attention to the lyrics of the song... Lol anyhow my bff Ms. Skipper didn't appreciate the JFK-esque assassination or the nudity. Were you offended? What do you think of the vid?
>>> Just in <<< I'm hearing that the city of Dallas is considering pressing charges against Ms. Badu for indecent exposure. I suppose she can claim that it's a work of art protected by the first amendment. And of course, I'm on her side...


Mickel

"Blame it on my head and not my heart..."

2 comments:

  1. I actually loved the lyrics ( esspecially the end poem) more than the song. I felt this was as she stated " a one shot vid."

    I would have preferred a nmore thoughful approach and less "buttock" a.k.a "New New Badu" . . lol

    But, in being fair . . its hard being your "best self" in the midst of the herd . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ "New New Badu"...
    I think she's just at a new point in her life and as fans we are either going to take the trip with her or let her rock out on her own...

    ReplyDelete