Sunday, May 24, 2015

My thoughts on natural hair right now...




Protect (save) your hair, not the style.


I am the most naturally beautiful woman I know. I seek to obtain the highest level of my own standard of beauty and do not wish to attain anyone else’s beauty traits.  Develop your own standard of beauty, and then set yourself on top of it.

You are not Tracee Ellis Ross so you cannot have Tracee Ellis Ross’ hair, but you can practice attaining Tracee Ellis Ross’ hairstyle. Fill in your own hair crush’s name.

I am waiting for the day that being called a “natural girl” is unnecessary.  I would like for curly/kinky/nappy hair to be a viewed as regular everyday hair, no different from straight blonde hair. I want it to be as desirable as straight blonde hair seems to be.

No other race is referring to themselves as “naturals”.  When I think about it, all my black/blackish ex-boyfriends were all “naturals”.  A lot of my coworkers (non-blacks) have all been “naturals”. Hell, most of the people we interact with are “naturals” but they just consider themselves to be regular people with regular, yet diverse, hair. I want my curly/kinky hair to be considered regular hair like everyone else. 

Do you think of my perspective right now? 

Be well... Mickel


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the insight queen~~~ cant wait to be off so i can play in my mane~~~

    ReplyDelete